pensieve


pensieve

MacBook opened in 1973 just now, Jim Croce singing “Time In A Bottle” where I was when I closed it last night. Turned off the wi-fi but not the moment. Clear vision across the Bay but heavy overcast this morning, rain? IDK, but the living room sliding door to the porch was wide open all night. Why did I do that, where was I last evening? Somewhere between 1951 and 1976, Showboat's “We Could Make Believe” and Crystal Gayle singing “When I Dream.” Were you there? I was. Just last evening.

“If I could save time in a bottle
The first thing that I’d like to do
Is to save every day
‘Till eternity passes away
Just to spend them with you”

It’s the problem with aging: we can't save time in a bottle.

“If I could make days last forever
If words could make wishes come true
I’d save every day like a treasure
and then,
Again, I would spend them with you”

Evidently the overcast was that heavy it sank, because outside is total fog now. 



Promises to be a damp walk along St. Andrews Bay this morning.

Total fog inside as well, another problem with aging. Stirring the mists of Albus Dumbledore’s pensieve, time in a bucket.


DThos+