Monday: scattered thunderstorms?

 

Two o'clock, which I hope does not become my new hour of morning rising, though two mornings straight, yesterday and today, may signal the body a new habit. Magic mug of decaf hot & black again as yesterday, with two half sandwiches, first a slice of tomato, then a slice of pineapple, on PF's extra thin white bread with mayo. I mean, this is The South, baby, where heritage is instilled, nomesane? When I was a boy at Cove School, my mother would never have sent me off with a tomato sandwich or a pineapple sandwich for lunch, no protein, not nourishing enough; so generally some kind of meat sandwich. Now and then PBJ though.

Smothering hot outside, 87° and feels like 98° with wild flashes of lightning. I had been wondering whatever happened to our traditional early morning thunderstorms. This one is inshore though, direction of North Bay beyond Lynn Haven. From 7H I cannot see North Bay but I can see what was, or maybe still is, the incinerator on the northern skyline.

For regular breakfast later: magic mug of hot & black regular, muscadine grapes, tiny grapes that may be called champagne grapes, and a slice of buttered toast with muscadine jelly on one half and purple grape jelly on the other half. 

Later, but not much later, leave about 7:45 for my 8:15 appointment at the Eye Center on MLK north of Target. So far as I know, my eyes are fine, but this exam and certification are required to renew my driver license after age 80; so this is the second Time, and I think the renewal is for five years. Five years? dream on!

Thompson wedding this past weekend: I saw the most beautiful young nieces and nephews on earth, my sister's grandchildren and great-grandchildren. Gina would have been so proud.

+++++++++++

Math is fun and good, and Life is Good, but my exhaustion quotient both Saturday and Sunday evenings was beyond the pale, would have been unimaginable just a year or two ago, eh?! One must keep recalculating one's expectations of oneself, mustn't one? Yes, one must. The fall calendar has a couple of things on my horizon, and I find myself hopeful instead of certain. 

Outside my window looking out over St Andrews Bay the lightning comes near and, within a couple of seconds, proclaims itself in sharp crashes of startling loud thunder. 

"Welcome, Monday morning!" age to age shall say.

RSF&PTL

T88&c