Tuesday: I showed up again. Thank, you, Lord!


Yesterday was a Best Day because my brother, Walt & Judy stayed over from the Saturday/Sunday wedding and we had lunch together at Hunt's. Saw the Bairds there. Eating at Hunt's is part and parcel of coming to Panama City. Oysters for me, raw half-shell, fried, and fried shrimp. Bite of Linda's catfish. 

When Walt married Judy and moved from Louisiana to Pensacola, I'd thought that now I'd see him often, but that thinking failed to account for age and aging: that especially because of the traffic, whether I-10 or driving through the Fort Walton Destin nightmare over and back, we just can't do it anymore. Walt is four years younger than I, and they're managing it now and then.

Our next adventure, God willing and Jesus don't come, nomesane?, we mean to head east again maybe about mid-October, as far as Wakulla. If it works out it'll be to see beloveds and Caroline's new house. That drive is generally peaceful, not frantic, but by then, wishing you long years, I'll be 89&c, so IDK. At this age we have to be mindful and deliberately take increasing care, because life becomes Amos 5:19, as if a man fled from a lion and a bear met him; or went into the house and leaned with his hand against the wall, and a serpent bit him.

We don't drive far, and we're never on the Starship Enterprise, exploring new frontiers and boldly going where we've never gone before. 

++++++++

Breakfast: egg salad sandwich, PF's extra thin ww bread. Second mug of hot & black, handful of the damn pills.

Pic: supper last night. Two kinds of muscadine grapes and two kinds of grape jelly on buttered white PF's extra thin toast. Glass of water and heart pills.

Tuesday: to the drivers license bureau on 11th Street, because at my eye exam yesterday my eyes hadn't changed since my last eye exam in 2019. So, I'm good for renewal. 

Hoping you are the same.

RSF&PTL

T88&c