G&G. R&R

Okay, I can’t help it: I love this car. Not only is it a Buick, it’s long, it’s low, it’s lithe. It’s a sedan. It’s rear wheel drive, it needs only to say Buick Eight on front, and that long hood could even take a modern old-fashioned, silky smooth Fireball straight eight engine. Dream on, codger. http://www.automobilemag.com/auto_shows/detroit/2015/1501-buick-shocks-detroit-with-rear-wheel-drive-avenir-concept/photo_25.html Avenir: Roadmaster Redivivus. 

So what else is new, Harry Golden?

Executions in Oklahoma and Florida. We tend to overlook that it wasn’t the victims who were executed: the victims lives were taken from them years and years ago, in most cases, horribly. But then I am not as civilized as I might be. 

Horror of the New Age of terrorists killing people in the name of God. Outrage of people offending others in the name of Free Speech. Civilization upside down and collapsing on itself. Never mind the First Commandment, the Second is this: you shall love your neighbor as yourself is precisely how the First Commandment is obeyed or not at all. But we do not love, we only care about Self and Certainty manifested by this one and that one as Rights and Religion, ὁ ἀναγινώσκων νοείτω, God help us. Hatred rules: diametrical polarity. Kyrie eleison.

Somewhere over the rainbow, way up high, there’s a land that I heard of, once in a lullaby. 

Friday: cardio day. Does it help me? It’s like all these pills I take: I can’t tell a thing, I just feel normal. Linda says well, that’s the idea: normal and alive. So, yes. Gulp and Go.

Francis in the Philippines. Elected to lead a Church that over centuries has hardened solid and stolid in its certitude. Trying to open windows long nailed shut. Viva.

What next? IDK, and neither do you.

When Better Automobiles Are Built, Buick Will Build Them.

... a land that I heard of once in a lullaby ...
 and dreams really do come true --


T