should of stood

29F at the moment, low humidity. “Mind the Gap” reads the sign on my coffee mug. Bright light from a barge some yards off my window, was there this hour yesterday, aground. Two tugs pulled on it Wednesday, accomplished nothing but muddying up the channel. Maybe larger tugs or a higher tide. Is it blocking traffic? One ship is scheduled into port today, if I were retired other than title only I’d sit here and see. 

Didn’t drink it fast enough, that final sip of coffee went cold sitting there on the chilled window ledge. Not complaining though, 6F in Ann Arbor at the moment. BTDT, in fact, fifty-two years ago this morning I was trudging off to class in much colder. We lived a mile or two off campus, a bitter walk going and coming. Would I do it all again? No question. Go Blue. All of it? Yesterday, Hagerty had a piece on the pleasure of driving classic cars, with a picture of a 1953 Buick, first year of Buick’s V8. Doing it again, I might drive that yellow 1951 Cadillac in my dreams, still memory to a gray-haired man. Can’t get that car out of my garage. Never got to drive it. Mind does odd things, takes an old man into dark places, doesn't it.

Today? Busy A, Busy Bee.

26F now, 45%, there’s that same green light. I should of stood in bed, as is said here in the Bible Belt.

Irrelevant? What’s relevant for the season is the epiphany of religion at its most evil: the atrocity in Paris; but I’m not going there because too much will be said as it is. In fact, someone already said "this means war." No kidding. How much will civilization tolerate before itself going off uncivilized? What might a time machine show if we could look down The Road ten years? 25? A century?

Pax