Another beer, Sir?

We were going to stay local last evening, but every seafood restaurant in St. Andrews was packed and crowd waiting outside. So we headed for the Sandbar on Hwy 79 at the “Y” because they have my favorite variety, including steamed royal red shrimp; but the queue was “50 minutes.” 

We headed back toward town, when Kristen suggested a place on Middle Beach Road where she’d eaten a raw oyster: Bayou on the Beach. Crowded but only a ten minute wait at tables outside. Don't be turned off by the ambience. We had garlic & butter oysters, I had a cup of the seafood gumbo (loaded with oysters, shrimp, just the right amount of okra, especially good). The fried oysters were good, I gave Kristen my shrimp, I still get no taste out of crawfish no matter how they are cooked (except Donna makes delicious with cream sauce and pasta, o man is it good), Linda had catfish, Kris had gator (this is a cajun place). http://bayouonthebeachcafe.com/menu.html
Not noisy by half as Galatoire's, though they were trying. They have a loud live band that very much needs a fiddle, a squeeze box and somebody singing through their nose, I mean, cajun? All tasty, but the seafood gumbo itself will take me back, first I’ve had with oysters that wasn’t made by my mama. My baked potato was loaded and untouched: Kris took it home for Malinda. Loaded included being drowned with sauce from the sautéed crab claws. Total price: half or 2/3 what it would have cost anywhere else, and I had my first Pabst Blue Ribbon on draft since my freshman year at UFla. 

Another beer, sir? No, my wife is here.

Today’s project besides going over that doubtful sermon: replace deck stairs at 819. Bubba has never installed stringers so this will be all day in the mosquitos for Thumbs the Oaf. 


T