Not a chance

When a murderous nightmare of insanity happens in America, I can’t help but wonder if background may have seeded and nourished such evil in another shy, withdrawn, ultimately mentally ill boy. Was there a hateful, absent or abusive parent, a parent only concerned with self, or a parent who did not love the child? I don’t know the Daily Mail, maybe they're a trashy sensationalist newspaper, I’ve never read them, but their piece was the first thing up when I googled “who is Dylann Storm Roof’s mother.” Dylann's mother appears in the article, a pathetic nonperson, the father is there too. Every child needs to know he or she is important to someone. This young man never had a chance. I guess he created his own importance.  


Just as with Dzhokhar, and Adam Lanza, there are no excuses for Dylann. But there are reasons. We can catch and execute the criminals; but we can't see and correct the reasons.

W