Wonderful Wednesday

All is not as it seems, and it just don’t git no better’n-nis. Last night to bed at 7:16, up at midnight for a short chat with Father Nature, back into the warm bed, and finally forced out again by Father Nature jumping up and down on my bladder again at 4:48. So that’s what, over nine hours of sleep? Unheard of!

But what I’m thinking as I sit here letting the fingers trip lightly over the keys is how delicious that fried rat looked on TV just now. Linda has Channel 13 on and they were showing, I think it was a KFC place that some buyer ostensibly got a piece of their new boneless fried chicken breast that happened to turn out looking like a rat, tail and all. There was another piece that looked like a fried chicken head. I think it was all coincidence, actually real chicken breast, and supposedly funny. IDK, the KFC place on 23rd Street at Airport Road seems to have closed, which didn’t especially surprise me, the location was awkward to get in and out. Church’s and Popeye’s are perfect, and a box of fried chicken from Publix cannot be beat for price, freshness and deliciousness. Plus I’ll admit this. One day several years ago, I went to that same KFC, their first customer of the day, and ordered a bucket of fried chicken and paid for it. They got yesterday’s fried chicken out of the refrigerator, heated it in the microwave, and gave me that. I never went back. Before that we were regulars, never again!

This is not a complaining morning though; I have a busy, happy, happy full day ahead with some of my favorite people, that will conclude with the Wednesday evening service at my favorite Holy Nativity Episcopal Church. Six o’clock for the summer months. Come!

TW+