Early

Chilly out here, 55F 66% and wind at 9mph makes welcome, necessary and comfortable the bathrobe with hood up. There are clouds up there, but it's not overcast, because beyond and between clouds the stars are clear. Eleven days from November, this is a welcome autumn morning.

A few of these and I'll be ready for summer, but that's not how it works.

Couple of football heartbreaks Saturday and I'm not even going to check the rankings this morning. Watched the Gamecocks at least one last time and was proud of them over Vanderbilt. I love a football game of passing with lots of interceptions and that's what I saw. Coach Elliott did a good job and I know he's hoping to stay, but my heart's not there anymore. 

Whipped by a stiff breeze, St Andrews Bay is lapping ashore noisily just below. From next door comes the sound of wind in the trees in Oaks by the Bay park, where yesterday afternoon there was a wedding, and on the deck at the end of one of the boardwalks, pictures of the bride in white. I reckon the world is going on as ever. Still dark before dawn, it's 3:52 a.m. Monday, October 19th, 2015. If this were Our Town there'd be a train whistle any minute now.


Thos+