heaven dawning

It isn't morbid to notice in passing that each of us will have our last day. From my seventh floor porch I can look into the past, including the past in which I myself was begotten, but we cannot look into the future. It doesn't seem fair, does it, from here I can look east and west and north and south and past and present but not ahead. I guess in Saying, the Creator didn't think of that?

Or maybe he did. My favorite theologian and thinker may be, the obscure to all but seminarians, Friedrich Schleiermacher who rather dismissed the church's creeds as making assertions about God that are beyond human knowing; but who most memorably said, overagainst the sophisticated naysayers of his day and age, that there is (I don't remember his exact words in German or translated English) implanted within each of us a "Sense of the Infinite." 


Schleiermacher is on my mind this morning as I look at the brightening sky and pray that the Infinite dawns lovingly on that day.

Thos+ patiently in +Time+