quaff or scarf?

A THOUGHT FOR TODAY:
I will not let anyone walk through my mind with their dirty feet. - Mohandas K. Gandhi (2 Oct 1869-1948) 

quaff
scarf

20,129 messages, 1359 unread

http://www.occupydemocrats.com/colin-powell-im-going-to-continue-being-a-republican-only-to-annoy-extremist-tea-partiers/

68F  87%  zero precip

Life is Good and nearly every day brings its blessings and has its goodness. Except for the ship’s WestPac deployment during the Vietnam War (and even it had its good days), I’ve liked every age I’ve been, and hope to experience a couple more. For highlights, seventeen was good, graduating from BayHigh, getting away from home and eon with my real life. For all the medical issues, 75 was especially good, and if I can find it, somewhere on this computer I have a picture of me on the roof of Cove School HNES in August 2010 when I spent the entire summer supervising work on the Bill Lloyd Building, rushing to make sure everything looked nice for Bill.
 Looking at the picture, what comes to mind is the unstable angina that was almost constant by then, including the reason for my sitting down up there on the roof and smiling while Amy snapped my picture! and my foolishness of chuckling at how I was fooling everybody when I would stop and pretend to look up at the clouds or into the trees while the searing pain subsided. My God, what an idiot! Yet the year played out savingly into 2011. It was all good notwithstanding, and inaugurated my +Time. This dark predawn I’m loving being this age and wishing we could have moved to this condo fifty years ago.

For all the goodness of life, the school shooting in Oregon irrefutably tells rational people yet one more time again that not just the nut-cases, but the nation itself is mentally ill, obsessed with rights and oblivious to any sense of responsibility; and there is no cure: obdurate selfishness is a terminal illness.

Sitting at the bistro table alone somewhere in France, is the World War One fighting ace quaffing rootbeer or scarfing down rootbeer as he sobs with melancholy, ogles mademoiselle and, raising his empty mug tipsy-ly, signals her to bring him another? 

Thos+ in +Time+