Jakob

Jumping out at me this morning, pic of the classic Volvo in the show at Hilton Head. It’s a 1933. 


Though I’ve never had one, I like Volvo cars, and two of my children own them, which delights me because the Volvo creed and record is safety. A year or so ago, Volvo company announced a goal of by 20XX putting a car on the market as from which no one would ever be killed in a Volvo. 

I first noticed Volvo in the late 1950s and wanted one because the styling reminisced Fords from 1941


through 1948,





but frankly never thought much about Volvo history other than wondering why the male symbol on the front grill. 







Started by two Swedes to produce an automobile that could handle Sweden’s bitter winters and rough roads, 





Volvo, from Latin meaning I roll. Their first production car was 1927, photo of it coming off the line shows a touring car, nickname Jakob.