And there was evening and there was morning ... a new day


Slightly different high and right on the Bay, but weather.com reads 68° 93% and I believe it. Also, wind 5mph cool, damp breeze from the Gulf, across the Bay and to 7H. 

From the Gospel according to Luke this coming Sunday, October 23, Jesus tells his Parable of the Pharisee and the Publican, which I’ll get to before the week is out. For now, little noticed for preaching and Bible study, the Second Lesson that in the past we called The Epistle is

2 Timothy 4:6-8,16-18
I am already being poured out as a libation, and the time of my departure has come. I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. From now on there is reserved for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, will give me on that day, and not only to me but also to all who have longed for his appearing.
At my first defense no one came to my support, but all deserted me. May it not be counted against them! But the Lord stood by me and gave me strength, so that through me the message might be fully proclaimed and all the Gentiles might hear it. So I was rescued from the lion's mouth. The Lord will rescue me from every evil attack and save me for his heavenly kingdom. To him be the glory forever and ever. Amen.
The wiles of life weigh heavy upon us, but with faith as a grain of mustard seed we may see it through, as for Robert and his family this first day of the rest of life. Both she and they have struggled valiantly, and now nothing more the medics can do for his daughter, they are discharging Cindy home. I appreciate the verse “the Lord will rescue me from every evil attack and save me for his heavenly kingdom,” and pray that in the present darkness Robert and family may find a sense of promise, of thanksgiving for life and love, and promise and hope of dawning and new morning. 



C