best buddy


Yes, there are many things that annoy about modern electronic communication systems, and the singularly most infuriating one is the spell check and correct feature on my computer and cell phone for email and texting. It can be embarrassing, frustrating, enraging.

But as well as being the feature I most love to hate, it's my favorite feature because it throws the cloak of invisibility over my incompetence in spelling and punctuation. I no longer have to take responsibility and apologize. Anything that goes out wrong was done by the stupid spell-check, sorry, heh heh. Sure, I can turn it off, but why would I disable something that, even if it's not on my side, will stand there and quietly take the blame. I've had many assistants in life, Navy, business and Church, but this is my first assistant who never sasses me, never takes offense, never self defends, never talks about me behind my back. If you've deactivated spell-check or whatever the aitch they call the stupid thing, turn it back on and put it in charge. You'll be either sorry or glad.

Breakfast: link of deer sausage on toasted hot dog bun, smear mustard, glob mayo. Black.

Last blogpost still in mind, a difference in The Daily Sipper and me seems to be that he's a hermit. The church is my social milieu, friends I love, new people to meet, lots of children around. Sense of being loved, liked, even respected by most. People who are as comfortable in their Doubts as I am in mine. I'm as private a person as he is, maybe more so, but I'm not dropping out to write grievously, sorely, resentfully. Sometimes bitterly. My grapes aren't sour. 

Lots of things, I read lots of things. Still on creeds, here was one just now. I don't want the Nicene Creed gone, that would leave us without an argued base, a sickness of independent nondenominationalism. But I do think it could be moved to the back of the book to keep company with Athanasius. 

https://www.patheos.com/blogs/clintschnekloth/2020/03/so-you-dont-agree-with-everything-in-the-creed-youre-in-good-company/?utm_source=Newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Christians+For+a+Better+Christianity&utm_content=43