for a long moment


Friday the Thirteenth and wishing you long years. 



From early, earlier, coffee with Linda on 7H porch. Next, parking behind Holy Pavilion and walking in The Cove with Robert, a bit



longer walk than we've done recently, pause to snap pics of springtime,



looking out toward Redfish Point into the fog, and 



across and down Massalina Bayou ... a sense of having finally arrived home after a very long journey, reflecting. Breakfast on the Bayou this morning for the first time since the Storm: fried catfish, eggs over medium, cheese grits, a biscuit cut in two and grilled. Coffee. Biscuit remnant smeared with strawberry jam. Last sip of coffee. Reflecting, remembering. Then slowly driving to my HNEC office this



morning - - and this was the thing - - holding an unusual, nearly profound, almost unique sense of - - well it's ineffable, isn't it, and it's not at all emotional, it's just that the right words are not coming - - IDK, relief, peace, satisfaction, maybe perfect in the sense of finished, finally done, וְהִנֵּה־ט֖וֹב מְאֹ֑ד all is very good indeed.



It isn't, I know it isn't. Of course all is not very good indeed, of course not. Between there and here, intuitive landmark trees are gone, and fences, and houses, street signs are still missing, and houses are for sale because those who lived and loved there are gone for any number of Cat5HMichael reasons, so it isn't finished and perfect, and all isn't very good indeed. It just seemed so for a moment. But at least for that long moment I had the sense of being home, home at last, home at last, thank God almighty, home at last. I think it was being back home on Massalina Bayou that did it to me. For me.



StAndrews, I love StAndrews. But I grew up in The Cove, on Massalina Bayou. I was back home for a moment this morning. Like completing a circle that was broken. Like everything was perfect, complete, and it was very good indeed.

If I let myself stay there, in the moment, I won't get any work done here at the office this morning, and I have things to do, places to go, and people to see.

May you have a hundred twenty years.

T+ 

all of a sudden, it's emotional after all.