instead of


Eons ago, I forget details, but in a Blondie comic strip she was listening to Dagwood read aloud a recipe for a pastrami, mozzarella and salami sandwich on ciabatta, with a light smear of mustard, toasted. Blondie: Oh yes, I saw that and fixed one for my lunch today. It was okay. Dagwood: But there's no mozzarella or salami or pastrami in the refrigerator. No ciabatta bread, and I used the last bit of mustard last night. Blondie: Oh, that didn't matter, I substituted ham with cheddar cheese on pumpernickel. Dagwood: what about the mustard? Blondie: I used catsup.

No picture this morning, but breakfast in its own uniqueness because when it's seafood soup or stew or gumbo I like mine with oysters, but seldom do that, as it renders it inedible for most of my girls, including Linda. For our Lenten Wednesday last evening, we prepared and took a nice Italienisch-ish seafood stew based on a cioppino recipe. Perfect stew base. We used local seafoods instead of the mussels and stuff. Tons of shrimp and three kinds of fish. We took two pots, and there was about a quarter of a pot left over, which we brought home.

For my breakfast, to two ladles of leftover, I added six enormous west coast oysters, which I minced and cooked on low heat so as not to evaporate the liquor. So, oysters, the oyster liquor, quarter-pound of crabmeat and the Italienisch-ish. Tasty and so sufficient a bowl that there'll be no Second Breakfast in 7Hobbiton this morning.

It was beautiful, and I ought have snapped a photo, but instead of stew I'm substituting a pine tree visited by HMichael.

RSF&PTL
T for Tom