Sanctify a fast


Seven levels up and looking down, around, east down 9th Street and north out Beck Avenue, nothing. No living soul moving in StAndrews,



nor machine. Traffic signals at 11th, 15th, and Hwy 98 by once quick and lively St Andrew Baptist Church, change red green yellow red green yellow red green for traffic that is not there. From 7H porch scanning StAndrewsBay east, west, south, a dull, humid, colorless day with overcast sky, flat, gray Bay. White haze lays a gauze between me and where Shell Island ought have been. An apocalyptic image of a world that has up and rid itself of its one enemy since "Let there be light" and there was light, the sixth day, let us make אָדָ֛ם in our image. earthlings: dust, to dust returned.

While the picture is that gray and hazy, reality is not so dire. History will judge, there being historians to tell. Providence may put us on the endangered list, but we in God's image are fighters and survivors. Earth abides, Ish clinging to dominion precariously as in some places (Lord, give us a sign) monkeys come up and snatch food from us. Monkeys, rats, dogs. Black bears.

What do I think? It doesn't matter what I think. I think by the time football season starts again many Americans will have died; I pray most will have lived as full and satisfying a life as I. I think the scaffolding will still be up. I think, Congress concurring, the White House will cancel the 2020 election based on it's too risky to let people out to vote and certainly far, far too dangerous to risk changing leadership amidst the crisis. I think the locusts. I think Ezekiel & the Valley of Dry Bones won't be the only story of God's people USA. Joel 1:1-20.



Nevertheless, irregardless, & notwithstanding gloomy Thomas Hardy, I think that as long as there's deer sausage for breakfast, Life Is Good. Sausage bun, mayo, smear of yellow mustard. Mug of hot, black coffee.

T