Do not pass Go

and do not collect $200.



Nice out this morning for walk 57° 76% partly cloudy. Between scaffolding and clouds, zero sky is visible from 7H as my next Monday dawns. 

In this vocation, Monday has been relax day for nearing forty years now. In fact, when I had "my own" churches and was preaching every Sunday, instead of Sunday afternoon high priestly nap, I drafted my sermon for the following Sunday morning and took Monday as my day off. Those years I was passing Go and collecting $200, anymore I'm sliding down the back side of the mountain passing 85 and collecting a few ZZZZs.

And that's not mph.  

What? Lent and still hung up on yesterday's lectionary and the reality of the wilderness: is it forty days and forty nights in the ark with Noah and the Flood, and like Jesus with temptations and the devil? Or is it forty years in the wilderness with Moses? On the way to Holy Pavilion to meet Robert for the walk, I'll detour onto Grace Avenue between 4th and 5th Streets to take in the desolation, and let myself know: is it done, or is it looming? And is there promise or a void? So far I'm seeing lots of voids. And the old Studebaker



showroom on the point of Oak Avenue and W. 4th Street, let's face it, that building needs to come down too.