I"ll call you


There's the moon, waning after several nights of flashing the full brilliance of his hugeness. Once the scaffolding is down I'll be able to enjoy looking at his craters and mountains again. Though most people probably do not realize that when in full phase, the direct sunlight washes out the shadows such that, under a telescope all one sees is brightness, no surface features. 



And there he is, dancing on the surface of the Bay, seven stories down, at my feet. Bitten and nibbled, looks almost like the Apple logo.

And last but never least, there's the Navy heading out just after dawn for another day of Victory at Sea. Would I go back there? Maybe, but only if I could fly Navy jets off aircraft carriers. Or only if I could serve in destroyers my whole career. I'd still bolt at 20 years though, early 40s and young enough to start over, go to a different sort of college, and take up a second and totally different vocation as I did in real life. 



At least, I guess it was real, it's all and only in my mind anymore, along with all those other memories.



What might I do differently? Let me think about it and get back to you. Don't call me, I'll call you.

T