bit hazy

Per the weather on Channel 13, going to be a beautiful day, starting a bit hazy across the Bay in all directions from 7H. 



The ship left the West Terminal yesterday morning and was heading into the Pass as I walked onto the boardwalk on my way home from Staff meeting and a stop by the school to pickup my copy of the 60th anniversary history. I think she was enroute to Studstrup, Denmark with wood pellets for the power plant there.



This morning to drop Kristen's car, the Volvo XC60 we bought for her in 2013 after her car crash on an Atlanta interstate during rush hour Feb 2013 while she was at Emory. Her car was totaled, she and her roommate were shaken but unhurt, and it nearly put Papa in the grave, so online and telephone from here, bought her the safest car in the universe. She's driven it way over 80k miles, and it's being thoroughly inspected at James Auto Service. She's driving Linda's car this morning, and we are heading for Tyndall, the barbershop, BX and Commissary. We like to shop there, especially since the hurricane ruined the base, the population has been way down, and the facilities and folks need all the encouragement we can give them.

It's still and generally so that going to Tyndall is sometimes just an excuse for stop and shop at Grocery Outlet Tyndall Parkway on the way home. Great selections and prices, including bread, wine section, Mexican selection. Last time besides the corn tortillas, I bought a can of Goya sardines. Packed in tomato sauce. Unsure what to expect, I opened this morning. Large, three in the can, for breakfast two, each rolled in a corn tortilla to make like tacos.


At first I thought to eat with the fish knife and fork that I bought in Harrods the first time we were in London, 1990 after Tass graduated from Apalachicola High School. My favorite patterns have the shell, and I was taken with the unAmerican idea of special utensils for eating fish. The knife neatly slices the fish from the bone, and the smaller fork is perfect. So I set them out this morning, but ended up just rolling up each sardine in its own tortilla and eating pick up with fingers. Black coffee with.

That is one of my set of German plates from 1937, and I wonder what Third Reich horror stories they could tell me.

T