+Time from Tom+

Sunday once again so again because every Sunday is Resurrection, my favorite Easter hymn, "Welcome happy morning!" age to age shall say. All the years I was in charge of Episcopal parishes we sang that as our opening hymn on Easter Day. Hell today is vanquished, Heaven is won today.



Notwithstanding that about 1925 for reasons good and sufficient to him, the Pope declared this Sunday to be observed as the Feast of Christ the King and everyone down to the last anti-Papist Protestant saluted, fell into line, and marched, the Episcopal Church since about 1970*,

I'm an Episcopalian
Episcopalian,
Episcopalian and how I love it,
I'm an Episcopalian,
Episcopalian until I die.

sung to the tune of the Can-Can Dance in the 1950s musical about Toulouse Lautrec, with the Song from the Moulin Rouge

so for the moment I'm sticking with The Sunday Next Before Advent, Stir-Up Sunday, ordered our fruitcake, the fruit of good living, and it's on its way from Eilenberger's Bakery in Texas.

My loose lesson plan for adult Sunday school this morning is quickly to complete last week's discussion of our Eucharistic Prayers, point out in each prayer something I forgot to remember, the Mighty Acts of God, pause for questions and comments, then move to Advent. 

Why into Advent a week early? Because next Sunday, Advent One, is Thanksgiving Weekend and although I'll be there I don't expect to see anyone from class who either is out of town for Thanksgiving, or is still too full of Feast to stir, or sipped too much celebratory with their Saturday supper turkey sandwich.

My intent is to tackle Advent, bit of its history, theme of each Sunday developing toward it's Nativity climax, as shown in our Advent bible readings.

Come one, come all. Mary Stuart Poole Library, down at the far east end of the yellowing brick road and through the double door entry.

TW+

https://episcopalchurch.org/library/glossary/christ-king-sunday

art: http://orthochristian.com/94812.html