Wednesday

This is what I was going to do yesterday when other things about the day got in my line of sight. A friend sent this, which I enjoyed working. Maybe someone else will too:

"Doctors say that if you can find the camel, you don't have Alzheimers."



Maybe it's a woman's thing: Linda found the camel in less time than I did.

Speaking of, she's making pimiento cheese, which I love. My mother used to make it too, from as far back as my memories go. She used to tell me about the pimiento cheese sandwiches she could buy for lunch when she was in business college; at Kahn's Delicatessen in Pensacola during the Great Depression, a cole slaw sandwich or a baked bean sandwich cost a dime. For a penny or so more you could get a pimento cheese sandwich. A chicken salad sandwich cost 15¢ which was getting extravagant in those days when a new Ford roadster cost $385. 



Mama let the cheese warm and soften, then started mashing it and mixing in pimientos. 

We grate the cheese while it's cold, and after a few minutes it's ready to proceed with the recipe. Grated cheese, pkg cream cheese, stir of mayonnaise, two or three jars pimiento.

Plus this time, a small amount with sliced olive & pimiento stirred in.









No animals were harmed in writing this blogpost.