twist of black pepper

Ouch, 31°F on wakening this morning, then down to 29°



so mug of black in bed before getting real for the Wednesday. Navy coffee in fact, hot and black with a quick twist of the pepper grinder over it in blessing. More than sixty years ago, in my beloved first ship, U S Navy destroyer, the CS1 in charge of the enlisted mess always tossed a pinch of black pepper into the urn as he turned it on to brew: best coffee in the fleet. Subtle, more a peppery aroma than taste. IDK, a wine snob might say "on the nose".

Best "taken with food" - - today's breakfast a bowl of beautifully colorful sweet'n sour pork over rice with soy sauce, left over from last night's EfM supper at church - - Coreg plunges BP woozily, often mandating instant nap time, this morning 76/49 sometimes way lower; but with a twenty minute lie down takes care of itself. My advice to anyone who takes Coreg, no worries, like the weather, "wait a minute", 35° now, will be 56° by noon.

For the first time, we turned on our heater this morning and it brought the inside temp up to comfortable in less than a quarter-hour - - new HVAC system thanks to HMichael, and working perfectly. In nearly five years at 7H, four if I discount for gardenia alphabet Hurrication Exile, this is only the second time we've had the heater on, 7H is that well insulated from reality. What would I like different about 7H? Nothing. Absolutely nothing. Well, we'll be glad when the contractors get all their construction material out of the garage so we can park cars there again, that's all, but nothing. 7H is right for this season of our lives.

What else? Snapshot of my computer desktop, 



even at this age I can still learn, and working on my Hebrew. Don't try to speak it to me, I just need to know and remember enough to pick through words, right to left. Now I've said my Alef Bet Gimels, next time won't you sing with me. 

BP now 103/69. Perfect.

T