No Wonder


Thirty days hath Septober,
April, June, and No Wonder;
all the rest have peanut butter
except chifforobe: 
it's a tall thing with big drawers.

a jingle or ditty that comes to mind almost every year at this time, on this day date as November fades into December and it occurs to me that the Holiday Season has gotten real and me here within it. 

Recently, maybe it was last week, I'd have to look back at the date/time marked on the photographs I snapped, I paused at the Guy plot at Greenwood Cemetery, Bill Guy's grave. Bill, Jr as he sometimes was called even though he was not a Junior, he was William Burgin Guy for his mother's maiden name Mary Burgin. Also called Bill, his father was William A. Guy. Anyway, Bill's mother could be a little risqué and one day, we were probably eight, nine, ten, maybe he was eleven and I was twelve, Bill came out with that, and of course we boys had a real good snicker at the word "drawers", which we took as naughty, or at least meant to be; and even looking back from this age I'm sure it was so intended.

Hurricane season ends today, though I've never been certain Father Nature pays that any mind, but here's faith, 



which is never certainty, but (Hebrews 11:1) confidence in what we hope for, assurance about what we do not see. 

Some mornings with black I have a square or lump of dark. My treat this morning with my mug of black is a pumpkin cupcake that's the perfect level of sweetness and holiday celebration. Charlotte likes to bake, made and brought them: if any are left. while we're out at Breakfast Point this morning I'll pinch a couple or three to bring home for later.

The top pic I snapped at 7:30 last evening as the crescent moon was settling into the Gulf of Mexico beyond the high-rises that line Thomas Drive across the Bay and west of 7H. It was especially pretty because buildings' lights were reflecting in the calm, smooth Bay. Original size is blurry:

T