it's not about the rug


Nothing to say, just sitting here thinking. My room is just right temperature at the moment, neither warm nor cool, though more comfortable with blanket over lap, legs, feet.

There's that turquoise rug we bought at Gayfers Home Store for the living room of the Apalachicola rectory soon after moving from Pennsylvania in 1984. In 1998 we moved home to Panama City and at some point it went in the dining room of the Old Place, but then after the plumbing debacle under an upstairs bathroom floor and through the dining room ceiling, stayed rolled up on an outside screen porch for a couple years. 

Moving a few blocks down the shoreline in January 2015, the rug was satisfactory for under the dining table here in 7H. Then after the Hurrication Exile and 2019 renovation we meant for it to go in the bedroom, but forgot, and when we remembered, it was already down here in my office/study/den and both the bedroom and this room were already covered with furniture so the hell with it. Nothing masculine about it, It would have been perfect in the bedroom, but here it is and it's okey long as I don't look down and contemplate it for very long. No, I'm good, it's fine.

See, nothing to say. Yesterday we were food fools. Folks told us about a Masonic lodge on Sherman Avenue that sold fried mullet every Friday, so we put that on the calendar. On FB someone mentioned that the Prime Rib Man would be at Verizon 23rd Street on Friday, so we had two things on calendar and did both. It was actually catfish not mullet, but we bought two anyway, each a generous whole large fish of two sides. Then to Verizon 23rd Street and, again, two dinners, each with two baked potatoes and an enormous two inch thick slice of prime rib, medium rare and beyond the most tender meat I've ever tasted, you could cut it with a spoon. 

Of course, we didn't eat it all. Half a catfish is warming in the toaster oven for my breakfast. We will share the other half of one prime rib serving and each half a baked potato for noon dinner, okay, lunch, Yankee. The other prime rib dinner hasn't been touched so half of it shared may be Sunday dinner and the other half shared Monday dinner. Still leaves a serving of catfish, maybe Sunday breakfast. Next time I'll buy one prime rib dinner and it will be enough for us to share for two meals. 

Longstanding commitments, today is totally booked up, leaving in a few minutes and we'll be away all morning. Home a few minutes about noon for dinner, then a commitment all afternoon. No rest for those who can't say No.

We were going to the movie yesterday, I want and need to see "Midway" a key WW2 battle that most of us know; but the food adventure intervened, so out to PCB to the Grand at Pier Park after church tomorrow and visit Malinda at Breakfast Point.

Unhappy and dissatisfied with my recent blogpost on Christian apologetics, so keep revising it, and will yet again or take it down. 

Something I did, I know what it was but NOYB, collaterally and totally unintentionally prevents anyone's comments about my blogposts from showing up on my Facebook page. If I can correct that I will. Otherwise bummer, but I never intended my blog to be a forum anyway, just my sound-off medium. If you comment and I don't respond, that's why: comments no longer come through. So, oh WTH.

Clear sky predawn, planet and stars in sight here and there beyond the scaffolding. But you can't have everything, so be present to whatever happens. Saturday: things to do, places to go, and people to see. Es tut mir leid, Kameraden.

Tide/LSU game and people already in the bleachers all bundled up. Jiminy.